What is an appointed person course?
An appointed person course trains people to safely and competently perform the job of an Appointed Person – Lifting Operations, i.e. person who plans and has the overall control of the lifting operations.
The course is designed to lead the participants to obtaining the CPCS Appointed Person (Lifting Operations) ticket.
Appointed Person Course Details:
Our appointed person course takes 5 days to complete.
Our courses comply with the requirements of Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Appointed Person training.
The course will give you all the skills and knowledge required to get the CPCS red card demanded by almost all large construction companies as a proof that you have completed your training.
The Appointed Person course includes the following elements:
- Legislation & codes of practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of the crane supervisor as well as other people involved in lifting operations.
- The role and responsibilities of the Appointed Person (Lifting Operations).
- Selection of cranes and lifting accessories.
- Positioning and configuration of the crane.
- Communication and risk assessments.
- Health and safety in relation to hazards specific to lifting operations.
Completion of the Appointed Person course
The completed Appointed Person course ends with a theoretical and practical test. Successful candidates obtain the Appointed Person CPCS Trained Operator card, also known as the CPCS red card which is the first step and it is issued for a non-renewable two-year period.
A more advanced accreditation, the competent operator card, also known as the CPCS blue card, can be achieved by gaining 300 hours of experience at work recorded and endorsed in your CPCS logbook and completing the NVQ level 2 assessment within 2 years of the red card issue date. The CPCS blue card is valid for five years and is renewable.
Already have a red CPCS Ticket?
Get in touch to see how we can help you get a CPCS Appointed Person blue card.
To book your CPCS Appointed Person course, or to check current Appointed Person training prices, click on the location on the list that is the most convenient for you.
Why should you do your Appointed Person training with us?
- Patient, professional & friendly instructors who will really teach you all you need to know to work as an Appointed Person safely and productively.
- Modern machinery fleet and classrooms to make your training as efficient and useful as possible.
- Consistently high pass rate.
- Lowest prices for Appointed Person courses in the UK – guaranteed. If you find the same course cheaper elsewhere, we will match the price.