What is a CSCS card?

CSCS card allows you to work at UK construction sites as a construction help, apprentice or qualified construction worker and confirms the completion of the official CSCS Health & Safety test.

CSCS card assures any potential employer, that the card holder is trained to complete the work in a safe and appropriate manner.

It also guarantees that the card holder knows the current health&safety legislation rules that apply at British construction sites.

It is impossible to be legally hired in the construction sector without holding a valid CSCS certificate.

Hiring a construction worker without CSCS card could result with a hefty fine and prosecution for both the employer and the employee.

How can I get a CSCS card?

To acquire a CSCS card you will need to pass the official CSCS Health & Safety test and send a correct application form. You can book your CSCS Health & Safety touchscreen test directly with us. Our dedicated team will take care of you and make sure that the whole process will go as smooth and quick as possible. We will also provide all learning materials absolutely free of charge!

Our consultants will help you establish what type of CSCS card you should apply for and will explain the whole process. CSCS Health & Safety test is a PC-based touch screen test and takes around 45 minutes to complete.

It consists of 50 questions regarding health & safety at the workplace and work related hazards. There are two types of questions:

After passing the test you will receive a CSCS test pass certificate valid for 2 years and you will be able to:

CSCS card types:

– REGULAR VISITOR - for construction site visitors only.

WHITE CARD – CONSTRUCTION RELATED OCCUPATION (CRO) - mainly for construction related workers not covered by other card categories (e.g. cleaner, security etc).

– basic skills card for general labourer.

– TRAINEE – for people who have not achieved the SVQ/NVQ level 2 or 3 or resgistered with collefe for any construction related qualification.

– GRADUATE (TECHNICAL, SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT) – for people who completed construction related qualification at college.

– EXPERIENCED (TECHNICAL, SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT) – for anyone with at least one year relevant job experience and achieved NVQ or SVQ.

– EXPERIENCED WORKER – for with one year of experience and received NVQ or SVQ and passing CSCS Health&Safety test.

– SEMI SKILLED WORKER – for workers which gained their SVQ or NVQ level 2 and City of Guilds and London Institute certificate.

– SKILLED WORKER – for skilled people which gained their SVQ or NVQ level 3 and City of Guilds and London Institute Advance Craft certificate.

– SUPERVISOR – for people with experience in the supervisor occupation and NVQ or SVQ level 3.

– SENIOR MANAGER – for people who have manager and senior manager occupation and level 4 or 5 in site management.

Can’t see the course you need?

Check out our complete course offer