What is a Crane Supervisor Course?
A crane supervisor course provides the skills and knowledge necessary for a crane supervisor to work at appropriate level of competence, safely and productively, as specified by the CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme).
A crane supervisor is a person responsible for supervising lifting operations and for following the plan prepared by the Appointed Person.
Crane supervisors in the UK earn on average £39,000.
Crane Supervisor Course Details:
The crane supervisors training courses typically take between 4 to 5 days to complete, depending on the candidate’s experience and the pace at which they progress.
At CPTS, we offer Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor courses.
Slinger Signaller and Crane Supervisor courses and certification can be usefully combined to provide a broader skill set which will enable you to get more and better paid work involving a variety of operations.
Our crane supervisor course instructors will teach you all the essential skills needed to obtain the CPCS Crane Supervisor red card, required by the vast majority of construction companies.
The crane supervisor training course includes the following elements:
- Legislation & codes of practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of the crane supervisor as well as other people involved in lifting operations.
- Cranes types, their characteristics and terminology.
- Lifting accessories and their role.
- Planning and preparing a lifting operation.
- Assessment and examination of lifting equipment.
- Slinging techniques.
- Communication and controlling in lifting operations.
- Hazards in lifting operations.
Completion of the crane supervisor course:
The completed crane supervisor training course ends with a theoretical and practical test. Successful candidates obtain the CPCS Trained Operator crane supervisor card. This is also known as the CPCS red card, and is the first step in accreditation, issued for a non-renewable two-year period.
A more advanced accreditation, the Competent Operator card, also known as the CPCS blue card, can be achieved by gaining 300 hours of experience at work recorded and endorsed in your CPCS logbook and completing the NVQ level 2 assessment within 2 years of the red card issue date. The CPCS blue card is valid for five years and is renewable.
Already have the red card?
Get in touch to find out how we can help you get a crane supervisor CPCS blue card.
To book your crane supervisor training course, or to check current crane supervisor training costs, click on the most convenient location from the list.
Why should you complete your crane supervisor training with us?
- Professional & friendly instructors will teach you all you need to know to work using a telehandler safely and productively.
- Large training area & modern machinery fleet, to make your training as comfortable and efficient as possible.
- Flexible, individual approach to training.
- No experience necessary: you can start your telehandler training as an absolute beginner. You don’t even need a driving licence.
- Lowest crane supervisor training prices in the UK – guaranteed. If you find the same course cheaper elsewhere, we will match the price.