What is a Slinger Signaller Banksman Course?
A slinger signaller banksman course provides all the skills and knowledge necessary for an operative to work competently, efficiently and safely.
A slinger/signaller, also known as a banksman, is the person who works with the crane (and lifting machinery & large vehicles in general) to attach and detach the load, direct its operation and movement and guide the crane/vehicle on and off site. Signallers use hand signals and/or radio links to communicate with crane operators, direct them, and ensure that loads are moved safely.
The average slinger signaller salary in the UK is approximately £34,000.
Slinger Signaller Course Details:
The slinger signaller courses typically take between 1 to 5 days to complete, depending on candidate’s experience and the level of required certification.
We offer Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) slinger courses, which allow you to obtain a CPCS slinger signaller red card, required by the vast majority of construction companies.
During the course, you will learn all the skills necessary to qualify as a slinger signaller: assessing the loads, attaching and detaching them, clear signalling, as well as assessing and maintaining the lifting accessories.
The slinger signaller course includes the following elements:
- Legislation & codes of practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of various participants in lifting operations.
- Lifting accessories: assessment, selection, attaching.
- Slinging techniques.
- Establishing load weight.
- Proximity hazards.
- Communications: signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads, use of hand signals and radios.
Completion of the slinger / signaller / banksman course
A more advanced accreditation, the Competent Operator card, also known as the CPCS blue card, can be achieved by gaining 300 hours of experience at work as slinger/signaller/banksman, recorded and endorsed in your CPCS logbook and completing the NVQ level 2 assessment within 2 years of the red card issue date. The CPCS blue card is valid for five years and is renewable.
To book your slinger banksman training course, or to find out banksman slinger course prices, click on the most convenient location from the list.
Why should you complete your slinger signaller training with us?
- Professional & friendly instructors will teach you all you need to know to work using a telehandler safely and productively.
- Large training area & modern machinery fleet, to make your training as comfortable and efficient as possible.
- Flexible, individual approach to training.
- No experience necessary: you can start your slinger training as an absolute beginner. You don’t even need a driving licence.
- Lowest slinger signaller training prices in the UK – guaranteed. If you find the same course cheaper elsewhere, we will match the price.