What are the purposes of hard hats?
The hard hat has the single goal of protecting workers‘ heads during construction or working on-site from any type of loose debris that might fall and injure or possibly kill a worker.
Why are hard hats have different colours?
What are the new hard hat colours?
- Black indicates site supervisors.
- White is for site managers, competent operatives and vehicle marshals.
- Slingers and signallers wear orange.
- Blue is for everyone else, including apprentices and visitors. These individuals shouldn’t be working alone or wandering around the site unsupervised.
- A green hat or sticker signifies a first aider.
- A red hat or sticker means they are a fire marshal.